This website and its content is copyright
of © Fire Safe Management Ltd 2011.
All rights reserved.
Company No: 7596483 VAT No: 124252253
70 Firefighters tackle charity shop blaze
A charity shop and furniture store have been completely damaged after fire spread through a shopping block.
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service was called to a
blaze in Kidderminster town centre just after 1pm on Sunday 2 October.
to reports of a fire at the British Heart Foundation, crews found both
the charity shop and an adjoining furniture store, Levines alight.
Firefighters managed to avoid fire spreading to an Iceland frozen food
At the height of the incident, around 70 fire officers, ten
fire engines, two aerial ladder platforms and a water carrier were at
the scene, with six jets, one hose reel and a ground monitor all in use.
Gas mains at the site had also ruptured causing an extra complication.
The blaze was under control at around 6pm. No one was injured during the incident.
Commander George Sherry from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue
Service said: “The first crews to arrive at the scene found a severe
fire which was spreading fast. While our first priority was to bring the
blaze under control as quickly as possible and prevent any further
spread, we also gave early consideration to other business premises in
the area, doing all that we could to keep these operating as normal.”
The fire service believe the incident was accidental and originated in the roof space of a suspended ceiling.
0191 386 1131
07500 900 842